As the largest single vaccination effort the global community has ever undertaken, ASHP believes the following are vital to an effective vaccination rollout:
- Enforce a transparent and rigorous process for vaccine development, approval, and postmarketing surveillance.
- Collaborate and coordinate with U.S. and international public health partners to establish and implement a framework for the ethical and equitable global distribution of vaccines.
- Engage, prepare, and protect the workforce of immunization personnel.
- Expand patient access to COVID-19 vaccines by leveraging a highly qualified and empowered clinical pharmacy workforce in all settings of care.
- Adhere to established best practices for proper storage and handling of vaccines throughout the supply chain from distribution to patient administration.
- Ensure equitable allocation of COVID-19 vaccines across populations and communities, prioritized for greatest public health impact.
- Achieve high acceptance and uptake of COVID-19 vaccines by minimizing vaccine hesitancy and misinformation.
- Seek innovative solutions for adverse drug event monitoring and documentation to improve the thoroughness, accuracy, and usefulness of data collection for improved vaccine safety.
- Ensure patient access to COVID-19 vaccines by preventing and removing financial barriers.
- Remain vigilant with continued research and comprehensive surveillance procedures for COVID-19 vaccine use, safety, and effectiveness.
Copyright © 2020 scienceboard.net